On Air Host/Programming Assistant (15-20 hours/week)
Are you a friendly, organized, creative, outgoing person who is a good communicator and is passionate about your Christian faith? Ever dream about encouraging others in life and faith on the radio? Then you might be the next right person to join the Spirit 92.9 team! We’re seeking a part time on air personality, who would also assist with promotions, audio production, and other duties around the station as needed. On air communication experience is desirable, but not necessary. We’re willing to invest in and train the right person! This position does have the potential to become full time within 6 months-1 year.
On Air Hosts are responsible for effectively engaging listeners through relatable, positive, and encouraging conversation. Show Hosts create and execute a compelling, interactive, listener focused radio show and maintain a respectful and memorable on and off-air persona representative of Spirit 92.9. In addition, this position will require some audio production, assistance with promotions and on and off site events, and other duties as requested. 15-20 hours per week, scheduled M-F between 9am-2pm.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
2-4 years’ experience in radio, public speaking, or online content creation preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and in a relatable, friendly, compelling manner.
• Possess passion, knowledge, and connection to Contemporary Christian Music.
• Ability to research and prepare show prep using multiple resources.
• Ability to maintain Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
• Ability to use or learn Excel, Word, Outlook, production software, studio equipment.
• Ability to write content for web, print, on air and social media.
• Able to work well with others and follow instructions from leadership while maintaining a positive attitude.
Must be available to work occasional weekends or evenings for concerts and events.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Some light lifting/pushing required to help set up banners, tent, table at events. May occasionally be required to help with set up/take down of artists equipment at concerts.
*Must have a valid Driver’s License and insurance. May be required to drive company vehicle to and from events.
To apply, simply email your resume, demo in MP3 form (if available), and statement of faith to Deb@GabrielMedia.info.
Gabriel Media/Spirit 92.9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.